Logo

Suzuki 1997 dt75 wet plugs

"on this motor, the top plug i

"on this motor, the top plug is dry and the bottom two are wet. we moved the plugs around and it still the same. any suggestions, i don't know much about these motors.

thansk
KoO
Published Author"

"the engine runs, we used this

"the engine runs, we used this past weekend but does not have the power it should. after driving 3 miles to the cabin, the bottom plugs are wet and the top is dry.
it has good fuel pressure plus it has the big water-fuel filter mounted on the inside of the boat. (i cleaned it and ordered another one)
here are the pictures from this past weekend. the boat is on page two.

http://kingofobsolete.ca/outhouse_party_WEBPAGE.htm

thansk
KoO
Published Author"

i ahd a quick look and the thr

i ahd a quick look and the three carbs look to be fun. is there a manual that a fellow can get online???? we are to fish the big waters of reindeer lake this week and the nearest suzuki dealer is 1200kms to the south.

thansk
KoO
Published Author

"thansk, it worked, not a quic

"thansk, it worked, not a quick read and off to bed.
what is your snail mail, will send you one of my books for helping me out. of course it will be free of charge, LOL

thansk
KoO
Published Author"

"ok, it was a rainy afternoon

"ok, it was a rainy afternoon so i worked on the DT-75 in my little shop. took lots of pictures before i disable the carbs in case i made a mistake on reassembley. found sandy stuff in the float bowls of all carbs. cleaned up everything including the fuel pump. tested the motor in a barrel of water and it sounds a lot better.
in the manual you gave me it does show the carbs have the adjustment right above the choke. how many turns are required on these. will adjust them when i put the boat in the water.

thansk
KoO
Published Author"

"ok, so i'm to turn it out

"ok, so i'm to turn it out 1.375-1.875 turns. wow that sure are detailed on that. how do you get .375 of a turn??? any tricks???

thansk
KoO
Published Author"

"thansk, will give it a try an

"thansk, will give it a try and let you know how we make out.

i emailed you to get your snail mail, but my email is acting up tonight.

thansk
KoO
Published Author"

Back