Logo

No oil shut down

bb_brothers

"I have a 2005, 135 Evinrude t

"I have a 2005, 135 Evinrude that has run perfect until this week-end. While running nearly full out for 20 minutes I GOT A "LOW OIL" warning. I immediately shut it down and added oil as I have done many times before. Started up and took off. About five minutes later I got a "NO OIL" alarm and it automatically shut down. I waited about 5 minutes trying to figure out what to do and to look to see if I could find an obvious problems. Finding nothing I started it and it ran fine the remainder of the day. When I returned home I called my marina and they said not to worry I probably just had a small air bubble that cuased the shut down. The next day I went out and ran the boat around for about 20-25 minutes while tubing my boys with no problems. Then we made a run to our house about another 10 minutes when it shut down again due to another "no oil" alarm. I tried starting it again, ran it at low rmp to just try and get home, this time it only ran about three minutes before another shut down and this time it smelled "hot". I then paddled home and put it up on the hoist. This morning I started it and just idled it to the boat landing about 1/4 mile across the lake. No alarm, it is now on the trailer and going to the marina tommorrow. Any help on what this is about would be apprecited. What should I make sure the marina does? Did I hurt the engine since it did smell hot? What should the marina look for to make the motor is not hurt? What should I have done diffrent? The marina is the place I bought it from and it is still under the seven year warranty.

Thanks for your help and advice."

Back