Logo

2004 Volvo 30SX Trim Gauge Question

thende2617

"Hi, new to boating and I have

"Hi, new to boating and I have a 2004 Larson with the 3.0 volvo/SX Combo. This past weekend I noticed that I could not "trim in" the drive all of the way when out on the water. After getting the boat home, it appears the drive works fine, the gauge seems to have lost is reference or is "lazy" at certain times?

I removed the sensor from the drive and I rotate the sensor and the gauge goes full trim out, I rotate the sensor the other direction, and it gets near full trim in and then the needle on the gauge bounces all the way back up to "trimmed out" all the way (Other end of the scale). I would this think is this is wrong, also "trimmed in" is the range that seems to be giving the false reference more often.

Also worth noting, the previous week, the drive did not trim at all under power(one time), then did it again in the drive way at home. I checked and the two relays by the pump and the connection to the motor were a bit corroded and the connection to the motor "sparked" once, so I cleaned them up and they appear to function correctly since. I assume they are seperate circuits and there is no relation, but wanted to pass on all data related to the issue.
Thanks in advance for any thoughts."

Back