Logo

Alternator wiring help

mellfam8

"Hi, I replaced my paris rhone

"Hi, I replaced my paris rhone alternator 3 wire, with a sev marschal alt and I dont know how to wire it properly. On the back of the alt it has a B+,61, terminals on a red thingy, then on the little box it has a terminal marked DF, and then on the right side it has a terminal marked D-, and then a terminal with no mark. Will someone tell me what wire goes where? I have a red, black, and purple resistor wire. The serial number on the alt is 71470302..a14/30. Thanks"

"Thanks but I read that thread

"Thanks but I read that thread and probably all the others to but they dont say the purple wire goes on the 61 labeled post or the DF marked post etc, thats what I'm looking for! Help Me Please!"

"El, I dont mean to sound stup

"El, I dont mean to sound stupid but....I dont have a flat pin conection on the alt, just post with screws. I can hook the purple wire to B+ or the 61 labeled post? And does the ground hook on the D- terminal?"

"El, I sent you a e mail<[img]

"El, I sent you a e mail
happy.gif
"

It didnt work. When I hook up

It didnt work. When I hook up my van via jumping the boat battery I get the right voltage. Man I'm ready to dump this pain in the arse in the garbage! Is this alternator bad?

"Adrien, this is how my old SE

"Adrien, this is how my old SEV Marchal is wired:

216267.jpg

Therefore, I believe yours should be like this:

216268.jpg
"

Back