Logo

Upgrade from 30 to 50

quipa

"I have a 1986 19' Cavalie

"I have a 1986 19' Cavalier Chris Craft that had a 3.0 GM motor with COBRA drive. The boat had no balls at all, it took more than 2 minutes to plane. I was "lucky" and got my hands into a FORD 5.0 which I have already installed, I also changed the Outdrive, still a cobra but with 15 splines, on the plate it indicates for a 5.0, it is looking OK, my question, this 5.0 has been retrofitted with an ARCO alternator which has only the main Orange cable but does not have the place to connect the Red-Purple and Purple cables, it has a plastic cap that says DO NOT REMOVE, I do not know what this two smaller cables are for, I have SELOC manuals for both motors but it does not explain what these is for, can somebody please explain what this cables do? Should I take the DO NOT REMOVE cap? Please help."

just tape off those other term

just tape off those other terminals with electrical tape... or you might be able to swap the alternator off your 3.0

"I am ready to do that, just w

"I am ready to do that, just wanted to know what it is for.
With those two cables there is also the resistor cable, Do you see any advantage between the regular resistor, which came with the motor, or this cable? How many ohms is good?
Thanks."

Back