Logo

Power trim switch on throttle handle

schadow

"I have a 2000 Glastron GX185

"I have a 2000 Glastron GX185 with a Volvo 4.3 engine. My throttle assembly has the power tilt switch on the handle. I have been having intermittent trouble with trimming the outdrive down, up always works. I will hear the switch "click" to go down but I get nothing. As I say it is intermittent, so I have not been able to identify any common factors or conditions. I tried to take the throttle assembly off to check out the switch but was not able to figure out how to get at the two scews holding the cover for the throttle handle together that are up against the side of the boat. I assume there is a way to get the actual throttle lever off but I can't figure it out. My goal would be to try the easy fix and change the switch. Does anyone know how to get the throttle lever far enough away from the side of the boat to get at the screws holding the casing on?"

"If you hear a clicking the sw

"If you hear a clicking the switch is operating properly. The 'clicking' you hear is the power trim relay, most likely located on / near the trim pump. Locate the trim pump and place your hand on one of the relays. Have someone trim the drive. You will feel the faulty relay momentarily pull in (most likely). Remove and replace. Good luck."

"The only click I hear is the

"The only click I hear is the one from the lever on the throttle. I don't hear anything from in back by the pump. It's as if pump is getting no signal to do anything. That's why I wanted to first try replacing the switch on the thottle, but couldn't get the housing of the throttle off."

Suggest you try a volt meter a

Suggest you try a volt meter at the relay to see if you are getting power there. It is easier to buzz things out to find where the break is rather than randomly change parts.

i hydro locked my motor a coup

i hydro locked my motor a couple of years ago i pickled the motor i changed the oil three times since then i havent checked the oil since yesterday i changed the oil today and found water in the oil the boat dont over heat or miss could it still have water from the time i hydro locked? or could it be something else?

Back