Logo

Stupid Flywheel

force4johnson

You probably can tell by the s

You probably can tell by the subject that I can't get the darn flywheel off. I tried a bolt puller and broke the triangle and sheared a bolt in one of the holes. I drilled it out and had to tap it to 5/16 from 1/4. Flywheel still stuck!!! Anyone...anyone

try a little heat and some pen

try a little heat and some penetrating oil. not too much heat because there may be ignition or electrical components under it. i would use a propane torch or maybe mapp gas. but mapp is a little hotter and may be too hot. did you tap the puller with a hammer before the bolt broke? ive seen flywheels stuck and break pullers before and with another puller and a little love tap they popped right off.

"I had the same problem gettin

"I had the same problem getting mine to come off also, what i did was get a three jaw puller, put the jaws under the fly wheel teeth, the upper lip of the fly wheel cant support the pressure your gonna put on there and you'll break out chunks of the fly wheel and then you'll have a balancing issue. Tighten till you cant tighten any more, then give it a shot with a good size hammer and it will pop off. Its real frustrating but stick with it and it'll come off Good luck Don"

Back