Logo

2001 115 4 stroke fuel injectors

santacruzin

"What is the proper way to cle

"What is the proper way to clean these injectors and check to see if they are working right. I hear them all clicking except #1 sounds quieter than the rest, already had problem with #1 and #3."

"pull the electrical connector

"pull the electrical connector from one injector at a time when motor is running at idle in the water or test tank, not on muffs, and check the difference between each one, if an injector is not operating properly, you wont notice much difference when its disconnected."

The shock treatment is definet

The shock treatment is definetly worth a try. My local shop wanted $450.00 to clean the injectors on my 2004 115 4 stroke which was running terrible. I emptied the bowl on the fuel filter and filled it with Sea Foam. I then let it idle for 20 min. and it runs like new. Thank you Just-In-Time for the idea.

"Thanks Mike, the injectors ar

"Thanks Mike, the injectors are currently in florida being cleaned and tested i am hoping this is the problem. My boat has been down quite a while and i'm keeping my fingers crossed. If not i will be calling JUST-IN-TIME for help! "

Back