Logo

Paragon vdrive identification

D

Davey Brickman

"I have a paragon v-drive hook

"I have a paragon v-drive hooked to a 318 in my boat and I'm trying to figure out what drive ratio the Transmission is. Here is all the numbers from the Transmission plat 6527 PV32R Z7868R, could someone tell me what this means or were on the Transmission to find what the drive ratio is? I have a feeling the boat is extremely over prop right now it has an 18" LH 12" Pitch 4-blade prop. The boats weight is about 5000-5500lbs and it’s a 25' pilot house. So if anyone could also make some suggestion on were to start with props that would be great.

Thanks,

David"

"Thank you very much. 2 more

"Thank you very much. 2 more quick questions... this transmission was rebuilt when the previous owner had it, could it have been rebuild to a different ratio... or not likely? Also does anyone have a good suggestion on size and pitch of prop to try with my set up? (5000-5500lbs, 25ft pilot house boat, w/318 & v-drive)

Thanks again,"

"It is unlikely that it was re

"It is unlikely that it was rebuilt to a different ratio.

Your best bet for your own prop configuration is to get in touch with a manufacturer or their rep such as Michigan Wheel or others. They have calculators on their web site, or they will do the math for you.

You will need to know such things as top speed the boat is supposed to reach, engine and or shaft horsepower, and engine rpm, max and cruising.

Mark"

Back