Logo

Question for Hystat OMC Temp and General Question

T

Tim Ciulla

"You answered my other questio

"You answered my other question,had a couple more I looked at my temp gage and was missreading it , my boat is running in the 160 to 200 Tops range when its all out , the water issue appears to have been my last run the radiator cap or lack or right mix or water the engine overheated and blew out water , I filled the boat compleatly with water and didnt see any leaks and checked and sealed every thing on the boat , My temp running is more like 190 at 3000 rpms is that an acceptable range and I just niticed there isn t actaually a blower there are 5 vent tubes and its not a well sealed engine compartment do I need to add a blower?? Also what is a normal range for the altinator to be putting out amp wise while running , the boat will run with out the battery connected but it always runs on the high side is that normal? and last question does an omc actually suck wather to cool the engie it appears to be a sealed system ."

I dont know much about closed

I dont know much about closed cooling as all our lakes up here are fresh water. But the impeller in the outdrive is still what supplies the cold water to the heat exchanger.

A bilge blower is a legal and moral requirement. No one should start a gasoline inboard engine without running the blower for a few minutes first.

"Amps are determined by loads

"Amps are determined by loads on the sytem. With 10 lights and the radio on, and the battery discharged, you might draw 30A. Once the battery is charged up, and you turn all accessories off, the only draw should be the engine's ignition system which draws 1 or 2 amps normally. Running without the battery can destroy some types of alternators so generally a bad idea. "

Back