Logo

Suzuki DF 150 Brand New Engine

P

Paul Butler

"Guys,

Just picked up new b

"Guys,

Just picked up new boat and engine last week.

When running between 6-7Knots the primer bulb is fine,however any faster and the bulb runs flat restricting the speed and the engine slowly dies.
The bulb then slowly fills back up and the process starts all over again.I have vented the tank and even tried running with the gas lid off .Seems very strange for a brand new engine .Any ideas Please !!!!"

"I have a brand new 225 and af

"I have a brand new 225 and after a couple of runs, the next time I go to start it, the primer ball is flat and it does have a problem refilling. I had the valve replaced once and after a couple of weeks, it did it again. So far, this has been a dissappointment for me as it is a new engine. I will let you know what they come up with as I dropped it off this morning."

"Thanks Just in time,I replace

"Thanks Just in time,I replaced the primer bulb and it seems to have solved the issue...however i noticed that when i rev to 3000rpm it will not rev any higher and begins to stutter ???.Could it be a fuel pump on a brand new engine ???

Thnks again for your input"

"I had this same problem with

"I had this same problem with my 2001 225, and found a clogged metal mesh screen in the vertical tube that pulls fuel from my internal fuel tank. I pulled that out and it fixed the problem. I also had the same problem on a 60 hp mercury 4 stroke, and it was the inside of the fuel line had separated from the external wall and collapsed, I guess from ethanol in the fuel? I replaced the fuel line and solved the problem."

"Replaced the primer bulb and

"Replaced the primer bulb and all seemed fine.
took it out the other day for a ride bulb is fine however when I rev over 3,000 say to 4,500 it will only stay there for a short while before returning to 3,000 rpm.

I anchored up for a few hours and on the way back i had no problems at all...rev to 4,500 and it stayed there ...

Help please ???"

"If you have a built in tank,

"If you have a built in tank, check the anti siphon valve. Also check the screen on the pickup tube as Eric did. You can also hook up a portable tank to see exactly where the problem is. If it runs ok on a portable tank the problem is in your tank or fuel lines."

"Try running the engine on a p

"Try running the engine on a portable tank (along with your NEW primer bulb & hose. If this runs fine, then it's an issue with the onboard tank/lines.

I had this on my boat too and traced it to a clog in the fuel line within the boat. Nothing wrong with the motor."

Paul:Have dealer check shift c

Paul:Have dealer check shift cable for proper adj. and check shift switch and "neutral safety swicth" at the engine. If the engine thinks it's still in neutral it will limit the rpm's to 3000 (the shuttering is the engine cutting the fuel and timing curve to limit rpm's on purpose.)

Back