Logo

Trouble with water circulation

larrimah

"Just bought my first boat, 14

"Just bought my first boat, 14foot runabout, with an '85 model A Marina 30E (Yamaha?). Got it home and started checking out everything, including doing a service. With earmuffs on the leg, the motor started easy, but no water coming out 'pee hole'. Immediate thought was impellar, so renewed it. Put leg in 90 Litre tub over intake to try out but still no water out of 'pee hole'. Would the impellar operate better in deeper water, as it is only in water up to the first fin from the bottom of the leg at the moment. Where should I look next?

I am mechanically minded, but not qualified and outboards freak me out. My logic says water pump, but where is it located?"

"Thanks for reply. I'm a

"Thanks for reply. I'm a real novice at this boat motor stuff so bear with me if I ask what might seem like a 'dumb' question. I've been not allowing the motor to run any longer than a few minutes at a time so as not to overheat it. I put wire up the pee hole, but couldn't detect any blockage.

What is in the housing above the spark plugs? Is that where the thermostat is? Is the water pump in the leg or engine housing?"

"what size garden hose????? ar

"what size garden hose????? are your hoses the same size as ours in Australia? lol
biggrin.gif
just kidding. will give it a go and let you know in about 12 hours. I live in Australia and we are about 14 hours ahead of you."

Back