Logo

SEA FOAM REVIEWS

I have had 2 different repair

I have had 2 different repair shops to tell me that I need to run 2 tanks of fuel with this seafoam in hem to help my motor. my motor set for 6 to 8 months without being run. they both said it won't hurt and might help me.

\

My 115 hp 4 cyl motor sat 2 ye

My 115 hp 4 cyl motor sat 2 years without being started. I cleaned to bottom 2 carbs and added seafoam to a gas tank with new gas. It appears to be running much better now than it did when it first started idling without shutting down. I do get a lot of smoke. Mostly upon startup and it dies down after a few minutes. But I think the seafoam kept me from having to clean my top 2 carbs.

"Seafoam is like alot of other

"Seafoam is like alot of other "cleaners" or "conditioners".

Seafoam should help remove carbon, gum, varnish etc.

Certainly can't hurt as a "preventative" and would be similar to running fuel conditioner in your vehicle.

Some guys swear by it, others don't bother.

I'm somewhere in the middle - can't hurt, but there really is no "magic in a can" - I tend to believe alot of the results are exagerated, not on purpose, but just because someone "thinks" they notice a great improvement.

I decarb my motors once a year with Mercury PowerTune and then simply run gas stabilizer (as is recommended by all the mfgs if you use gas containing ethanol), and have never had a gummed carb, fouled plug, stuck reed etc - and that is on my 3 outboards, the newest a 1991 model, with a total operating time well in excess of 5000 hours amoungst the 3 motors.

If you do your annual maintenance and do not abuse your motors, Seafoam may very well help, but it's not "mechanic in a can" and can not be a substitute for proper care..."

im one of those guys that swea

im one of those guys that swear by it.... That stuff should be used fairly often... it will make a world of difference and youll be able to tell. With the price of gas the way it is now It cant hurt to keep your machine running as smooth as possible.!

"Solving Engine Problems Easil

"Solving Engine Problems Easily and Inexpensively
rough idle, hesitates, stalls, pings or has an after run problem – this is often due to carbon buildup.
moisture needs to be removed from fuels or an anti gel or de-icer or injectors need cleaning .
When fuel stabilization and engine fogging is needed us Seamfoam Treatment.
look on internet or ebay or your local Boat Repair Shop. Around $9.00 per can."

find it here at this site....i

find it here at this site....i believe in supporting the people that support us....i have used sea foam and whether it did any good or not i do not know...i have a 18 gallon built in fuel tank...what it did do was either remove some black gooey stuff from either the tank or the inside of the hose from the tank to my filter...the filter was full of it after about a 10 gallon run....either way i was glad to get it out of the system...

i was going to replace the hos

i was going to replace the hose but i had some excess in the line and cut about 6 inches off the end...it was slick and clean inside and the outside looked good so i did not replace it...ran more seafoam thru the system and the filter was clean..so i was wrong in saying i didnt know whether it did any good...it got that stuff from somewhere..

Back