Logo

Md17C gearbox reverse gear

esornadnerb

"Hi, we have a MS type gearbo

"Hi, we have a MS type gearbox on our MD17 C Circ 1979 The problem is that we can select forward and neutral but when we select reverse the shaft does not turn, The quadrant selector moves but no go with reverse. has anybody experienced this."

"<center><table border=1><tr><

"<center><table border=1><tr><td>http://www.marineengine.com/discus/icons/mime_pdf.gif""" align=left alt=""application/pdf"">reverse gear exploded view
[url=""][b]My-REVERSE%20GEAR%20%20833860.pdf[/b][/url] (81.2 k)</td></tr></table></center>
Donn't know the solution to your problem but tried to upload to this post an exploded view of the MSB reverse gear which is what I have on my engine. If you want this view and it does not get through on this post you can email me at [url=""][email protected][/url] and I will reply with a copy of it. Hope you post what you find out."

Sounds like wear material in r

Sounds like wear material in reverse gear has blown out. Cone sleeve can no longer make contact with gear to turn in reverse. Need to replace gear or find someone that could reline gear with material.

Back