Logo

AQ125B Are carter rotary electric fuel pumps too strong

jamie392

Contributing Member
"My boat came with a carter ro

"My boat came with a carter rotary fuel pump. I was reading about them and they deliver between 4-18 PSI, now i'm not sure if they are adjustable between that range or what but my engine seems to run rich, which very well could be the carb settings or needing a rebuild, but out of curiousity, is this pump to strong? What is the pressure supposed to be?

Does anyone know if it can be adjusted?

Thanks alot"

"EP or others, do you know the

"EP or others, do you know the stock fuel pressure on an AQ125B. I rebuild my cabs and now it leaks from the accelerator diaphram. I am going to take it back apart and see if I can make it work but it seems pretty tight and still leaks... Maybe fuel pressure is just way to high. If I knew what it was supposed to be I could grab a regulator maybe...."

"2-4 psi Jamie. Get the Seloc

"2-4 psi Jamie. Get the Seloc manual and an adjustable, in-line fuel pressure regulator, 1-5 psi, at your auto parts store - $30."

"huh, I wonder why it was conv

"huh, I wonder why it was converted to electric. Do you mind me asking why you suggest it is better? I guess I will order one up
"

"The reason I suggest it is be

"The reason I suggest it is better is because you will never exceed the maximum pressure with a mechanical pump, but the same cannot be said about an electrical pump (especially if it is a retrofit). I know of at least one of the forum participants who has had his share of grief by insisting in running an electric pump on an AQ120B.

The only time I would consider installing an electric pump on a 4 cylinder VP is when a mechanical pump is either no longer available or the price is cost-prohibitive (the AQ130 is an example)."

"ok i will go get one... the e

"ok i will go get one... the engine runs fine but who knows what the pressure it is... Better just to get it changed... And it is prob the same price as the regulator

Thanks"

Back