Logo

Trim motor

steveomc

I recently took the trim motor

I recently took the trim motor off of my 89 fourwinns with a 4.3 omc and when I disconnected the lines the lower unit drop all the way down shooting fluid out of the lines. When I put it all back together the trim will go down slowly but will not go up unless you manually help it by raising the lower unit is there air in the lines and how do I Bleed the system thanks.

You will need to add more flui

You will need to add more fluid to the system. There is a large screw on the side of the pump/reservoir. Raise the drive fully up and then remove the screw and fill the reservoir up to the bottom of the threads of the screw hole. Put the screw back in and lower/raise the drive several times until it's working fine. It is a self purging system but could take several times depending on how much fluid was lost and air introduced to the system. Keep checking the fluid level in the reservoir. Caution....only remove that screw when the drive is fully up or else the fluid could really shoot out as it will be under pressure with the drive down.

Back