Logo

DT75 over heating

wtrdr

"I have a 1986 DT75 that is ov

"I have a 1986 DT75 that is overheating when the engine is run over 3/4 throttle. It will run all day at 3/4 or less. I have replaced the water pump (whole unit including tube), All gaskets in foot and exhaust. I had it at the dealer and he kept it 3 weeks and did everything he could think of........ Any help appreciated"

I have the same motor but a 19

I have the same motor but a 1988 we had the same problem and it drove us nuts. We changed all kinds of parts but it finally came down to changing the gaskets between the water and exhaust outlets. The gasket was blown and the exhaust was heating up the water.It is mounted on the side of the pwr head. Hope this helps.We would only get an alarm when we were on plane.
Harold

"We have changed that gasket a

"We have changed that gasket and the one we took off wasn't blown. Good thought, thanks any other suggestions?"

There should have been two gas

There should have been two gaskets one for water and one for exhaust with q plate between them. You could also use a heat gun to check the temp of the pwr head. Hope it is some help

I have replaced both of those

I have replaced both of those gaskets and used a thermal gun on the engine. It is running about 180 F under 3/4 running speed and over heating around 240 F running any faster.

"I have replaced the thermosta

"I have replaced the thermostat, the gasket in the foot, 2 gaskets on the side of the engine for water and exhaust. Not sure about the pressure relief valve. New water pump and pumping water very well."

Back