Logo

150 Left Me Stranded

sullair78

"Mr. Lamb, this is probably ri

"Mr. Lamb, this is probably right up your alley! Have 94 Merc 150 BK Max. Heading in offshore, motor ran out of fuel?? No fuel in the clear filter I had installed, and bulb was "HARD". Couldn't pump fuel in. Got it home, replaced fuel lines, fuel water sep. and inline filter, got the motor to run on the muffs. But, bottom two cyl. not firing! Got 125 PSI in each cyl. - Could fuel pump, not be sending enough pressure to the bottom carb. I can put my hand over each carb, and I get lots of fuel and the engine revs up? Quite confused. Help anyone!!!!"

"stuck needle and seat and or

"stuck needle and seat and or float in carbs since running it out of fuel. remove float bowl from bottom carb and clean, or tap on the fuel bowl of the carb whislt some one squeezes the primer bulb it may free up the float. dont run it again till u get fuel in bottom cyls as no fuel means no oil therefore no lube in the bores, u will soon kill the engine completely if u dont get that carb working."

"Thanks Brent for the advice,

"Thanks Brent for the advice, I'll try it this evening when I get home and post the results!!
Thanks again!
Robert"

"Low side jet and pick up tube

"Low side jet and pick up tube were clogged on the bottom carb. I've got all 6 cyl. working again. I can see small particles when I pump up my fuel bulb. Hate to waste 60 gallons of gas, but I'm going to have to drain it all. Believe I got some trash in my fuel when I topped off the tank before a quick run offshore.

Thanks for the advice Brent!"

Back