Logo

Mercury Optimax 2007 115hp water in spark plugs

boowman

"Hello!

I´ve recently (

"Hello!

I´ve recently (32 days ago) purchased a brand new mercury optimax 115hp, 2007. Things were working fine until yesterday, all of a sudden it just runs on two cylinders and i need to get towed to shore. I pop the hood and remove the sparkplugs and notice two of them are filled with water instead of gasoline... Thinking back i can remember the engine smelling a bit of "burned paint/solvent" the first time i started it, but it might not have to much to do with it.

What could be the problem?

Should i have it repaired or return it?

Would you be totaly sure having it repaired, e.g. could the engine have taken any damage further?

Please give some help and advice to a man who knows nothing about engines!"

"water in the plugs on a new e

"water in the plugs on a new engine!! get it back to dealer ASAP. was the engine supplied with warranty, was it fitted to your craft by the dealer or was it a package already on the boat.

were all the sensors and alarms fitted to engine and control unit and were they tested and functioning correctly when you purchased the gear."

"The engine has 3 years warran

"The engine has 3 years warranty, it was fitted to my craft by a dealer. Dont know if all the sensors were tested but i hope so as they are authorized dealers of Mercury.

What does it mean to have water in the plugs/cylinders? Could it have damaged the engine?

Should i accept them to fix it or demand a new?"

"Id say firstly find out from

"Id say firstly find out from your dealer what the problem is .Most people with boating experience will tell you sometimes you have no problems and sometimes you do,However I have found mercury to be very fair with warranty .From many years experience there are some mercury products i would own and some i wouldnt touch,you have bought a good model motor IMO which should serve you well"

Back