Logo
Get instant online access to repair manuals for your Mercury / Mariner outboard. Online Manuals
MercuryMariner
Order printed Mercury / Mariner service manuals — shipped to your door! Printed Manuals
MercuryMariner
Use engine diagrams to find & order parts for your Mercury / Mariner engine. Engine Diagrams
MercuryMariner
Find parts quickly with Mercury application guides. Quick Parts Guide
MercurySierraCDI

Default "Hey guys, I have a 1994 90hp

"Hey guys, I have a 1994 90hp merc that I have some questions on. First I will start by saying the motor ran great until I had a mech put a new mis-section in it. That was about 2 months ago and last night was the first time I have been out in it since. The first thing I noticed was, when I throttle up I get ALOT of 2-cycle smoke from the exhaust. I am talking a cloud of it. It continues until I return to idle speed. The motor seems to be running just a little bit ruff. I replaced the plugs and got the same result. I was looking through the motor and found a wire that has been broken off and I dont know where it goes to. I can tell you that it is at the top side of the top cylinder plug. It appears to be a temp line or something. It looks like a small bolt with a few spacers and a ring terminal connector attached to it. The cable is still attached to it and is off white but I cant find where the other end connects to. I was thinking that if it is some kind of temp sensor that maybe the choke is staying on and that is where I am getting the heavy smoke from. I have a pic of the part I am refering to if you would like I could E-mail you the shot. Any ideas???? I could really use some help here.
    Thanks,
    John"

Default "Hi there, Can you post the

"Hi there,

Can you post the picture for us?

I'll find our for you once I have a clearer picture.

Regards!

Benjamin."

ikia Guest

Default Temperature senser ---but it h

Temperature senser ---but it has absolutely nothing to do with " choke " staying on.In fact the only time the enricher ( choke ) is on is when you push the key in.Look for the adjustment on the oil injection or a flooding / leaking carburetor.