Logo

Ordering Edelbrock Carbs

"Hey there,

I am going to o

"Hey there,

I am going to order edelbrock 1409 Carbs for my 318's , $ 337 a piece, best price I have found so far, should they be coming with everything I need to install, or is there something else I may require?, what are your thoughts on this Jeff?, and anyone else that has been through this.

Thanks in advance,
Gerald."

"gerald, the only thing you wi

"gerald, the only thing you will have to do to them is drill out the base for the pcv valve,between the idle mixture screws, use a 1/4 npt tap, screw in a fitting then bolt them on, take the throttle connection of the old carbs, & attach to the new carbs, remember to install a new fuel filter ( for the warranty),wire up the choke, black to any ground source, red to the battery side of the ballast resistor, turn the keys , set the idle speed when they warm up, check the choke pulls off, & your done
Pete"

"Gerald, the whole job should

"Gerald, the whole job should only take an hour or so once the carbs are ready to go on the motors, the carbs come complete with an installation DVD,( I watched it a few times) it gives you a rough overview of the job, & tips on setting the choke etc ( you shouldn't have to touch them, mine went on right out of the box & work perfectly).
You'll really notice a difference in the starting & the low RPM response, & they do use less fuel.
Pete."

"HOLD IT! That's an 1/8 NP

"HOLD IT! That's an 1/8 NPT tap, not 1/4 inch!

Also, you need to find a 12 volt source that's ON only when the ignition is on for the electric choke. Finally, the old flame arrestor ID is too small. I ground mine out larger and it fit--saved 50 bucks!

Jeff"

"Hi... just received my brand

"Hi... just received my brand new Edelbrock 1409... less than $200.00 on E-Bay... WOW... hopefully, the change will do away with the hesitation, backfire & poor running associated with my 27 year old Carter AFB... that & the $$$ saved will make my day... Mike..."

"I think one of my Edelbrocks

"I think one of my Edelbrocks has a problem. When I was winterizing the motors it seemed like fuel was puddling in the corner of the carb next to the throttle plate.
I, also, cannot find a 12v source that is only on with ignition. May need to run a wire all the way to flybridge.
Eddie"

"You can steal a 12 volt suppl

"You can steal a 12 volt supply from the wire going to alternator field--it's ON only in run. If in doubt as to which wire is the one, put a meter on the thinest one, then work the ignition key. If it's OFF with OFF, and ON with ON, you're golden.

Jeff"

Back