Logo

TAMD 41A with DPbs

K

Karl in Alaska

"Port engine oil pressure is a

"Port engine oil pressure is around 48# at 2800 and starboard is around 58# Been that way since acquiring the 30 Commander three years ago. Should I worry? And is there a way to increase the OP on port side. Niether use any oil and seem to run perfectly. Next Q: What should I expect for specific fuel consumption. I run at 2800 to 3000 RPM and get approx 19 to 22 kts. I can get about 3750 RPM top, so figure I am propped correctly"

It might be difference in inst

It might be difference in instrument and sender reading not to forget difference in cable length from engine to instrument. Have You checked with a manual instrument straight on the engines?
Think to remember those engine sucked about 48 lit/hrs at full load and 3800 rpm. My guess would be You consume about 35 at indicated speed.

"I checked with a direct read

"I checked with a direct read out today when not in gear and at several rpm settings when at operating temps. The differences were about 12# between the engines. Is there a spring or something else in the oil filter housing that needs to be changed or some other means of raising the pressure on the low engine? Also, I am not sure whether your guess about fuel comsumption was for both engines or just one. If for just one that would mean that at the modest RPM of 2800 that I would be burning around 21 gallons each hour for both. While I certainly do not know what my exact fuel consumption is, I am quite confident that it is no where near that much. I was hoping to get some info on the specific fuel consumption for these engines, but realize that they are likely different depending on boat size and hull and depending on the type of drive being used. They don't seem to be working very hard with the duo props at 2800 and 22 MPH and the boat will go around 34 at 3750 RPM. That is about all I can give as far as info about usage. Are there any table published about fuel consumption? thanks for the info so far."

"Most consumption curves avail

"Most consumption curves available are WOT curves that does not quite give the correct picture.
What determines the consumption is engine load at given rpm. Run it WOT unloaded, and it might not consume more than 5 liter/hr. WOT loaded to 3750rpm, each engine might consume around 48 liters.
The question might be the load% at Your rpm.
The oil pressure valve is located stb front of block. Se attachment pos #4 and #5.
214816.jpg
"

Vic: thanks forthe info. would

Vic: thanks forthe info. wouldit be worth replacing the pressure relief valve plungers behind the oil filters to get higher oil pressures?

Back