Logo

1973 Chris Craft v8 engines

rbaustralia

"Hello everyone,

I am looki

"Hello everyone,

I am looking at buying a 1973 Magnum Marine 27 Sedan (outside Australia where I live)which according to the seller has twin Chris Craft 350 V-8s rated at 310HP each.

That is almost identical output to a current 350 Mercruiser V-8, so I wondering if Chris Craft had an engine with that state of tuning 35 years ago. I consulted Magnum but they have no records from that far back.

I would also welcome comments on availability and costs of spares, as well as the brand of the donor engine (Ford, Chev, Chryssler ???)

Thank you

Richard"

Chevy 350 is the most common a

Chevy 350 is the most common and readily available marine gas V8. Lowest prices for new marine parts like manifolds and risers because they sell more than any other model.
They newer 350s (96 up) have better heads than the 73s. Those engines won't make the power the newer ones can.

I'm trying to find out the

I'm trying to find out the best way to deal with a seized small block. It's in a 1974 Chris and it has the flywheel forward. I filled it with ATF and let it sit for a couple of months. Will not budge.
What's the best return on money spent? Rebuild or replace? Are these old blocks still available?

Back