Logo

131 motor replacement

smmuttyy

"i have found a 1987 ford 2.3

"i have found a 1987 ford 2.3 omc 120 hp in a starline sierra 150 will this motor work as a replacement in a 1986 bayliner 2.3 volvo a131aq with a 275 out drive, help meeeee!!!!!! my motor is no good .i have a swedish motor, dont know if i should replace or rebuild , help !!!"

"No idea of what is wrong with

"No idea of what is wrong with your engine, but to make it short you cannot install a Ford or a Chevy 4 cylinder engine in your boat with your current bellhousing and transom shield. Sorry."

"my motor has bottom end noise

"my motor has bottom end noise , no power . i was looking to replace it or rebuild ,dont know how hard it will be to find parts to rebuild or what i should do ?"

"I rebuilt my 1969 aq130c this

"I rebuilt my 1969 aq130c this spring. Its harder than going to the auto parts store, but not immpossible. With a lot of help from people on this board I was able to get all of the parts I needed, including, piston, connecting rod, push rod, flywheel damper, oil pan, bearings, piston rings. In the end it would have been cheaper to replace the motor, if not for the bellhousing issue.
there is a company in california that has all kinds of used parts for the volvo's shipwreckusedparts.com I think.
good luck,"

Back