Logo

GrayMarine

R

Richard Conn

"I have a 1949 Gray Marine 4 c

"I have a 1949 Gray Marine 4 cylinder Phantom Four-45 motor in my Penn Yan. I changed the oil to Pennoil multi vis. When I ran it after the oil change it was not getting any oil pressure. What could be the problem?? It runs fine but shows no oil pressure. I know that first I must check with a new oil pressure gauge but I know for sure that its not the gauge. What could be the problem? Oil Pressure releif stuck? Help. Rick Conn Boulder Colorado. email [email protected]"

"Careful! You simply might no

"Careful! You simply might not have gotten the pressure up yet--I assume you clicked her off immediately.

Here's what I would do: Pull the plugs. Rig up a a new mechanical pressure gage. Crank her over until (hopefully) the pressure comes up.

It might simply be a bad gage, but do not under any circumstances assume you can go boating this way.

Jeff"

Where do I find parts for a Gr

Where do I find parts for a Gray Marine motor 4 Cyl I need a oil cap for the oil filler tube I will need other parts as I go along with the rebuild

Thanks

Doug

"That's an easy solve.
Gr

"That's an easy solve.
Gray Marine INC
310 North 6th Street
St Charles, IL 60174
630-485-5007
Fax 630-584-9141

Ask for Kim, they have the entire Gray Marine OEM parts inventory and are wonderful people to work with. They take phone orders if you have some part numbers or descriptions.
Cal"

Back