Logo

Prop size and pitch

obie8

"Hi There Guys,
Can anyone te

"Hi There Guys,
Can anyone tell me what props I should run on my Sunrunner ultra 252 with twin volvo AQ131D's. the boat weighs in at about 6000 loaded."

WOT my rpm will go as high as

WOT my rpm will go as high as I let it. Over 5000 and I still can not get it to plane out. I don't know the size that is on it now.

"You might want to see that th

"You might want to see that the pin at the bottom of the transom shield is in the furthest position forward and that the boat does not have too much weight in the rear. (camping gear, etc.)"

Pin is in the furthest positio

Pin is in the furthest position forward and nothing in back but the engines. I even filled the water tank in the bow of the boat which did not help.

"<font color=""0000ff"">"I

"<font color=""0000ff"">"I even filled the water tank in the bow of the boat which did not help"</font>

Wow!!

Since you don't know what the size or pitch of your prop is, no one can really say, but it sounds like you need to go much higher in pitch."

"I'm just looking for a st

"I'm just looking for a starting point. Like what size comes on a boat of this size. It's a 26' cabin cruiser.
214721.jpg
My Boat

"From what I have seen around

"From what I have seen around on google most come with the Duo Prop setup. Is that what yours has? If so, you would have 4 props on the back. Also, are you the orig. owner of the boat?"

I'm not the orig. owner an

I'm not the orig. owner and I know I don't have Duo Prop setup. Only 2 props 1 left hand and 1 right hand.

I think you are going to have

I think you are going to have to pull one of the props off and take a look at the numbers stamped inside before anyone can really tell you where to go from there.

Gotta start with one of the pr

Gotta start with one of the props on the boat.....Then move up or down in pitch......depending on what you want!!!!

"Thats a big boat with not a w

"Thats a big boat with not a whole lot of HP... Check to see if the hubs are slipping...
To do this, remove the cone at the end and look at the juncture of the metal core (that mounts to the prop shaft) and the rubber between that hub and the prop itself. If hub is slipping there are ofen bits of rubber stickingout. ou can take them to a prop shop to have then checked...or you canuse a waterproof marker to draw a line across the prop hub from the shaft to the prop itself.... take theboat out and run it briefly and check that the lines still "line up".... Which ever method is easier. Prop shop will be able to tell you the Diameter and pitch of the existing prop."

I'm to busy having fun wit

I'm to busy having fun with fishing to pull the boat out of the water. Catching a lot of bottom fish and it still has yet to be skunked (no fish). I only payed $5000 for the boat so I guess when I finish the season I will find out what size props that are there so for now it might be slow but it is running great as long as I can afford the gas at $5.48.

Back