Logo

1989 V4 johnson 110 warning buzzer

K

KMD

" was on my boat yesterday wen

" was on my boat yesterday went 6 knots for about half hour then went about .75 throttle for 5 min, then went full throttle and my warning buzzer gave me a steady buzz, I looked back and plenty of water was shooting out of the engine and it didnt seem too hot. It is a VRO and I have noticed the past couple of years the bulb has felt hard and you cant prime it, do you think the engine was not getting enough oil? I used my kicker engine for about 20 minuets then I hit the key and the buzzer didnt sound so I started up the engine and drove it home. What do you think the problem is? The waterpump doesnt have 2 hours on it I replaced at the begining of the season and have not used the boat much. "

"KMD... If you're speaking

"KMD... If you're speaking of the oil primer bulb being hard all the time, that's normal. It means that it's full of oil as it should be.

The warning system on your engine is: A constant steady beep indicates that the engine is overheating. A beep every twenty (20) seconds indicates that the oil level is down to the 1/4 tank level and should be refilled. A beep every other second indicates that there is a oil restriction, a air leak in the hose between the VRO pump and the oil supply, or the VRO is failing.

From what you've said (a constant steady beep/buzz), you've either got another water pump problem or a stuck thermostat.

Joe
"

Back