Logo

Need Help with McCulloch 4 motor by McCulloch of Canada LTD

richard

" In need of a little help, an

" In need of a little help, and thanks in advance.
My mother got a McCulloch 4 serial# 78500- 9828 (McCulloch Corp. of Los Angles,Ca. made by McCulloch of Canada LTD Toronto Canada) from a friend(was running)that will not start now. She has had people work on the motor with zero success. She lives in Northern part of Wisconsin, and I live in the Detroit area. I have been trying to get some info/manual on the motor nothing as of yet. "

"Richard..... Although that en

"Richard..... Although that engine is not my line of expertise, I would offer the following and hope it helps. If the engine has compression, and (with the s/plugs removed) when you crank it over at a fairly good speed, it has a blue flame that will jump a 1/4" gap on all cylinders, I would strongly suspect that since it ran last it has been allowed to sit for a few months. Many engines, outboards in particular, when allowed to sit will have their carburetors clog/foul. The only cure is to remove the carb and clean it. If this is the case with your engine, make notes as to what goes where, how many turns a jet may be turned in before sitting etc. Good Luck.

Joe
"

Back