Logo

Converting Johnson pressure fuel system to pump system

tuner

"Many years ago I converted a

"Many years ago I converted a Johnson outboard with the two line fuel system and pressurized tank to a single line with a fuel pump. I remember mounting a fuel pump but don't remember the details.

Can anyone here refresh my memory or tell me where to find instructions?

[email protected]

Thanks!"

" Hi....You need to find an in

" Hi....You need to find an intake cover that has the fuel pump mounting holes. Unless of course you have amotor that halready has the holes, but they are blocked off. Once you get a spot on the intake cover to mount everything, it just screws right on. Then you just have to block the air line coming off the reed cover.

tony "

" I have a 1987 Johnson 50 HP

" I have a 1987 Johnson 50 HP Outboard motor, J50PLEEA, and it has a Schrader valve assembly at the base of the choke solenoid on the same side of the engine as the throttle control/shift linkage. On that valve stem there is a grey valve stem cap and an orange colored plastic tab that when rotated changes the high rpm engine speed. If it is rotated CCW to the stop at idle speed the engine stalls out; if rotated CW to the stop at idle speed the engine speed goes thru a maximum and then decreases. There is only about 90 degrees rotation of the orange plastic tab.

Can anyone tell me what the Schrader valve is there for and how the orange tab should be set?

Sincerely,

Richard H Minetti "

" Richard,

This is the manu

" Richard,

This is the manual primer valve. It allows you to prime the engine for easier starting in the event your battery is dead. The knob should be turned toward the primer assy. when you are running the engine, not away from it. You will not normally be using this feature. The valve on the top of the knob is for connecting OMC injector cans. This is for adding engine tuner, fogging oil, etc. "

Back