Logo

VolloPenta 43 wont stay running

robncar

"The engine will start then im

"The engine will start then immediately turn off when I release the key. As long as I hold the key in the start position it will run (not good for the starter.) My first guess was a bad ignition switch, so I replaced it but still have the same problem. I checked the wiring harness and all connections but everything appears tight.

Please! Any Help?"

"Your safety switch is bad or

"Your safety switch is bad or the lanyard isn't there. Depending on the type of lanyard, it could be too thin or it relaxed and doesn't push the button in far enough.

How long have you owned the boat?"

"Check the condition of the pu

"Check the condition of the purple wire going to the + of the ignition coil (corrosion, loose contacts, etc); and also the condition of the resistor (if provided) before the ignition coil."

Thank you both for the quick r

Thank you both for the quick responses. We bought this boat new in 98 and have had great luck with it so far. I checked the purple wires and all looked good. The lanyard was in correctly (it is the original.) My nest step was to jump the lanyard switch and test that when I discovered the wire had worked its way lose and was dangling. I re-connected the wire and ‘VOLA!’

Back