Logo

Mercruiser 898 upgrades intake and exhaust

I don't think my last post

I don't think my last post went through- I am looking to upgrade my Mark Twain with the M. 898 in it to thru hull exhaust and switch to a 4 bbl intake. Intake should be a no brainer- I have a couple of Marine Holley 4 bbls sitting around..but I want to have the sound and free flow of thru hull exhaust. All the kits I can find are " Capt's Choice" systems which give you the choice between thru hull or stock. I don't care about switching back and forth. Any ideas anyone? I have the exhaust outlets for 3" or 4" exhaust but what to do about where it goes into the outdrive??? (Can you tell I am an I/B guy? LOL) Thanks everyone..

"block off plates are availabl

"block off plates are available for exhaust. must remove engine, and y-pipe. keep exhaust thru hull fittings above water line. hate to sink a boat due to failed hose. also use a flapper on exh. outlets for quick stops. dealer should be able to get plate."

You betcha- we stock them for

You betcha- we stock them for the old mahogany runabouts we restore- in particular the Centurys- they didn't call those Grays "Fireballs" for nuthn LOL...

Back