Logo

1999 maxxum boat is a gen2 vortec have truck 43 vortec the same

rvinny

"was wonderin i got this boat

"was wonderin i got this boat a maxxum 1999 that had a vortec gen 2 in it but cracked block, found a 2000 chev blazer with a fuel injected 4.3 vortec in it low milage would i be able to use this in replacement? some one told me that u cant use it some say u can . some say i gotta change the valve train for the low end torque who is right ? will it work? and what do i have to do money is tight right now. and the moteor was givin to me but i want it right......ty Ron"

"Is your boat motor a balance

"Is your boat motor a balance shaft and truck motor balance shaft?

Are both roller cam motors?

do both have the same oil pan?

do both have the vortec 8 bolt intake or the same older intake?

If yes to all the above swap the boat cam to the truck engine, install marine head gaskets, fuel pump and carb (truck engine probably F/I swap intake). swap marine stater and alt. marine ignition.

If your boat cam is flat tappet keep all the lifters and pushrods in same place. roller cam it makes no difference.

roller cam will also require all timing chain parts."

"Ah, I doubt if a car/ truck r

"Ah, I doubt if a car/ truck roller cam has a lobe to operate a mechanical fuel pump! You'll have to install an electric pump (if there isn't one there already).

Jeff"

igess im gonna use the truck v

igess im gonna use the truck vortec gonna put a marine cam in it. but was wondered if u have to change the timing gears or push rods? any one no? ty ........Ron

"No reason to swap the Cam....

"No reason to swap the Cam....Or anything Else.....
Although there Could be an Oil Pan Issue,.... You'll See it if it is......

Drop it In,+ Bolt it Up..........

The 4.3l hasn't had a Mechanical Fuel Pump in Years........"

Back