Logo

1998 150 INTRUDER CARB NO OIL ALARM

T

Travis Bragg

"No oil alarm going off someti

"No oil alarm going off sometime after running slow or idling.It's getting oil,smoking and some oil coming out around front of carburetors.Alarm only every once in a while.ANY IDEAS?"

"Sometimes if idling for a lon

"Sometimes if idling for a long time, using a thin oil, and the hose fom tank to engine is longer than needed this may happend. It might be a small airleak in the hose,or other connection that seeps in air. Try to shorten the oil hose if possible and check all connections on the oil line. Check the double plastic connector (fuel and oil) where the oil hoose is connected to the engine. Have seen them crack from time to time."

"Thanks for the info,I will ch

"Thanks for the info,I will check for leaks. Are there any good ways to check this for air leaks, or just look for loose or cracked hoses?"

"Unfortunately the leak is pro

"Unfortunately the leak is probably so small it may be difficult to find it, but my best guess will be it is somewhere between the VRO and oil-pick up in the tank! (LOL).
Just check every connection between hose and bulb,cover-connector (in and out side), filter and VRO. If there is a screw clamp any where there is a risk it may have been tightened to hard and damaged the plastic connector. I doubt the hose itself is leaking unless you find a severe damage."

Back