Logo

Interchangeable parts

jesse_williams

Okay here we go i got a 1957 s

Okay here we go i got a 1957 seaking 5hp

Model # GG8960A
Serial # 75X662705

Looking at getting a 7.5hp Yeari'm not sure but my looking at the numbers it might be a 1971 not sure maybe someone on here can help me out with that

model number# PK751 7106SER (+ or - the P)

the question here is are the parts between these to motors compatable. Can i take the and mix parts from the 5 to the 7.5. for example take the 7.5 carb and run it in the other motor. i had someone post on here that the 7.5 does not have reverse on it but my 5hp has it all. it was also stated that it was not set up for remote steering i would like to keep the remote steering but get the hp of the 7.5.

The 7.5 is missing the prop and the prop shaft. could this be replaced with the 5hp motor if i were to just go to a tiller handle.

And exactly how much would you pay for a motor that is missing the prop and the prop shaft. i have found a couple of these parts on the internet and they are pretty pricey.

Thanks for the help.
Jesse

"Your Sea King was made by OMC

"Your Sea King was made by OMC's Gale division. The 7.5, model K751 was made by Clinton Engines in 1976.

The 2 are not compatible in any way. Sure, you might find a screw or two that interchange, but that's about it.

For parts and manuals contact CEPCO (formerly Clinton Engines Corp.) 605 E Maple, Maquoketa, Iowa 52060 Ph. 563-652-2411 FAX 563-652-3427.

As far as pricing goes: This is my personal guidline only -- I have over 100 old motors and have never paid more than $30 for a non-working one and no more than $100 for a working one."

Back