Logo

Jack Plate

• Thread starter Sebastian Wetzel
  • Start date
S

Sebastian Wetzel

"I have just received a CMC ja

"I have just received a CMC jack plate that I want to install on a 22.2 Aquasport. The engine is a 97 Suzuki DT200. I didn't realize just how heavy the device would be and am having doubts about being able to install it myself. I have an electric lift that can lift 1,000 lbs. I thought I could lift the engine and slide the Jack Plate in between the boat and engine. I am in my mid 70's and think I may need help doing this. How hard would it be (degree of dificulty) for a man working alone to safely accomplish this.

Best regards,
Sebastian

I attempted the search feature as the directions require, but it kept asking for username and password. I have neither so am imposing on your good nature with my question."

"I personally would want a few

"I personally would want a few good friends present, and I would definately not break out the brewskie until the last bolt is tightened."

"Sebastian, It will be diffic

"Sebastian, It will be difficult to do by yourself. You will want someone to "steer" the motor into place as you lower it. I have done my 300# merc inline six by myself, but it is a bit nervewracking."

Back