Logo

43 L HP ratings

S

s

I have a 92 4.3L which I belie

I have a 92 4.3L which I believe is 175HP. Can someone tell me what to expect from a 2002 4.3L (non efi) as to HP improvement. I am moving from 17' to 19' boat and don't want to be underpowered

"How fast do you want to go? F

"How fast do you want to go? For specs, ask your dealer. They have this in the brochure for the boat you're looking at or you can look at the Mercruiser website. If you really want to go fast, a 4.3L won't be enough anyway. if you're looking at a boat with a very efficient hull design (Regal or anything with a true stepped hull), it'll be fine.

IIRC, the highest HP rating I have seen on a 4.3L is 205. 30 HP is a decent increase plus the new ones have Vortec heads and are more torquey than the older ones."

"THanks, Not really concerned

"THanks, Not really concerned about top speed, but pull out of the hole with 5 teenagers on board. My old boat was OK but not stellar. I am looking at a used Campion 19' with the 4.3L Volvo (I understand the engine is the same as the Merc, just the Transmision and leg are different). I will check the Mercruiser website."

Engine is the same but V and M

Engine is the same but V and M sometimes rate hp differently. Why not check Volvo website?

Bob

Back