Logo

All electrical power stopped on bass boat

"got a 1986 bass tracker bass

"got a 1986 bass tracker bass boat with an original mercury 50 horse on back. recently got it from someone, ran fine, trolling motor did not work when got it. friend took it to lake to go fish and put another trolling motor on it for the day. when he got on water, drove to fishing spot, put trolling motor down and used it for 10 seconds and it stopped. no electronics on boat would work after this...not even outboard. just acts like theres no batteries on boat. put new batteries in boat,,,still nothing. also took other trolling motor back off........where do i start to look for problem. is there a main breaker on this boat that may have blown or what. please help nothing on boat works now thanks and good fishing!!!!"

"Sounds like you might have bl

"Sounds like you might have blown a fuse at the battery hook-up. Most inputs have a basic in-line fuse. I am no expert, I am soon to re-work my entire wiring setup on my bass tracker.. but you would be well to learn the basic circuitry of your outboard/boat.

If you have a basic multi-meter you can check for continuity between the block (where all basic lines lead to) and the parts you are having problems with. If you can isolate the block and it's fuses from the picture than you can determine that the problem lies before the. block.. which should help you tremendously. Good Luck!"

there is a 20 amp fuse located

there is a 20 amp fuse located in a red wire on the engine that is blown. the trolling motor should not be working on the same circult as the gauges and starter.

Back