Logo

Vacuum gauge on fuel filter

R

reelfishin

Anyone ever done it. I would

Anyone ever done it. I would like to do it to our 671 TI's. I wonder if I would have to have a compound gauge. I don't think so. Any ideas for the proper gauge and where I might find two?

YOU NEED TO USE A PRESSURE GAU

YOU NEED TO USE A PRESSURE GAUGE.COME OFF SECONDAIRY FILTER HEAD AT THE OUT SIDE.WILL READ 50 TO 70 PRESSURE

"Thanks, I thought the fuel p

"Thanks, I thought the fuel pump put out 90 psig.
Are you saying on the suction side of the pump it will read 50 -70 Psig?"

"NO ,ON THE PRESSURE SIDE OF T

"NO ,ON THE PRESSURE SIDE OF THE FUEL FILTER.FOLLOW THE FUEL LINE FROM THE TANK TO THE FRIST FILTER, THIS IS THE PRIMARY FILTER IT THEN COME OUT OF THE FILTER AND GO,S TO THE SECONDARY, THEN OUT TO THE ENGINE. THERE WILL BE TWO OUT PORTS ON THE HEAD, PUT THE GAUGE IN THE UNUESD ON."

Thanks for the information. I

Thanks for the information. I will be looking at it this saturday. And I know where you are talking about. I will try and get a gauge before saturday and install it. We will probably take the boat for a run and see what it reads at cruising speed.
Thanks again.

"[IMG][url=""]http://i27.photo

"
url]

Here is a picture of the filter. Is the brass plug on the right the one you are talking about. I think the pressure must come out both sides at the top. Thanks"

Oh that is a picture I took be

Oh that is a picture I took before the rebuild. It looks alot better now.

"YES PRESSURE COME OUT BOTH SI

"YES PRESSURE COME OUT BOTH SIDES.IF YOU LOOK CLOSE THE PORTS ARE MARKED OUT AND INLET, ON THE FILTER HEAD."

Back