Logo

Chyrsler 55 lower unit parts

J

jesse z

Hello all. I have just aquired

Hello all. I have just aquired a boatwith a 55 hp chrysler. I am new to boats and have some terminology problems. Under the prop there is a plate with a bearing and seal pressed into it. What is this called and where could I get one? Any help greatly appreciated.

It is caled a bearing cap. If

It is caled a bearing cap. If you can't locate one just take your old one to a industrial bearing store and they can sell you a new bearing and/or seal.

thanks for the help. My proble

thanks for the help. My problem is that I need the plate itself also and I can't seem to locate a dealer that can even get parts for this motor at all.

"Sherwood Taylor at Discount M

"Sherwood Taylor at Discount Marine can get you anything you need for your Chrysler. He ships anywhere his number is 906-466-2180 www.Discount-Marine-Parts.com
Tell him Jim Fegan told you about him.

Good luck"

Hi Loyal Chrysler followers. I

Hi Loyal Chrysler followers. I had worked for a Chrysler Dealer while in college and sold a 72 Sport Satalite new which we took in trade a year later. I bought it and have had in the family ever since. Looking to sell the whole rig now. Some scratches on the hull and a little dry-rot on the transum. Have an extra 55hp for parts and it's on a trailer. In Tuscaloosa Al 35475. The motor runs well just stuck $200 in it. Looking for $500 for the lot.

Back