Logo

DF115 will not stay running

D

DiggsNWT

"Last week I picked up my new

"Last week I picked up my new pontoon boat with a DF115 and headed out on vacation. Put my new toy in the water and it started but dies after a few seconds. Restart and it does it again. Sometimes it runs a bit longer, sometimes shorter. seems like a fuel problem. I checked all lines and found one bad kink. I unkinked and headed back to the marina...same problem.

I figure I have to prime it but cannot find primer bulb (onboard fuel tank). Should it have one? What else can I check?

Vacation is a disaster. I am too far from dealer (like ten hours). Please help!

thx
Diggs"

"Thanks JIT.

Ok...installed

"Thanks JIT.

Ok...installed pump bulb...now the unit will start and run for a longer period but then stalls again. I see that it has two pumps. Is it possible one pump is not being primed? What is proper priming procedure?

Also, I see that there is a float of some sort for the high pressure pump. I do not hear a pump running. Should I hear the fuel pumps? Could it be the float switch? Or is there a pump fuse? What wire should I check for power to the fuel pump?

Thanks again.
Diggs"

I had the same problem with a

I had the same problem with a df70.
There is a problem with the high pressure pump. Sometimes i can get it running again by knocking hard on the outside of the high pressure chamber.
I guess that the elictrical motor inside have a corrosion problem.
Gilbert

This is a brand new engine. N

This is a brand new engine. Never seen the water outside of the boat launch. Surely corrosion would not be a problem.

Diggs

Remove the Anti-Siphon valve f

Remove the Anti-Siphon valve from the gas tank.
I had the same problem with my '05-DF90 1st time I took the boat out when it was new.

Got it going...2 days on the l

Got it going...2 days on the lake with no more problems. Just had to get both pumps fully primed. I cannot believe the dealer did not install the prime bulb! Oh well...I am just pleased there was no damages.

Diggs

Back