Logo

1979 15 horse gamefisher

S

steven willadsen

"need help, spark plug gap? co

"need help, spark plug gap? coils info on this motor would really help.trying to find the model #. It ran great last year, but now I have no spark. It does have a reverse. Is this rare for a 15 horse?"

"Your motor was made by Eska f

"Your motor was made by Eska for Sears. Yes, this is very common with these motors. I have 4 9.9's (which were identical to the 15's) and only one still has spark.
You might get lucky and have some rust build up or something like that that can be cleaned in the ignition.
In two of mine, the spark assembly has a magnet glued into it that came loose over time. Once it came loose, it quit working (and was damaged). In one it actually happened twice. Once when it was a few years old (and the part was still available), the second time a few years later. The parts are no longer available and I was lucky enough to find a parts engine. I picked up another one that already had the flywheel off and the ignition missing. It either died and they tried to fix it, or someone else had the issue and it was scavenged.

I'd also check something simple like the kill switch to make sure it doesn't have an issue.

I read online a while back where someone had modified the ignition on one of these to use a coil/battery pack setup. I can't find it anymore. If someone else out there has information on it I'd love to know about it."

I've emailed Dale to see i

I've emailed Dale to see if I can convert a 1980 ESKA 7.5 HP with electronic ignition. I'll post an update when I find out if I can do it.
Bill

Back