Logo

1986 Merc 75 HP Tilt amp Trim

myke48

"I dont know if its a problem

"I dont know if its a problem or normal,,,when I trim the engine to raise up a little and leave it there when I shut the engine off and leave it,,,the next day the motor is down again,,,could this be low on fluid,,or is it more serious?"

"No not normal.Look for leakin

"No not normal.Look for leaking fluid trace the trim lines from the motor back to the pump ,or just on the motor depending on what engine you have.Check your fluid level.can you push the motor down by hand .does it trim up slow or fast ??"

"Actually it operates at a ver

"Actually it operates at a very good speed and there are no unusual sounds,,operates very smooth,,,I will check the hoses out tomorrow,,thanks,,,Mike"

"do you have the trim motor in

"do you have the trim motor in lock or release mode, look on the trim motor itself there should be a dial, if it is in release mode it allows the hydraulic pressure to freely flow back through the system. if u lock it it should be ok if there is no visible leaks and it trims up at a good speed and down again i cant see what else could be wwong unless there is some major issues inside the actual hydraulic rams"

Back