Logo

454xl 1995

pds

engines after running alarm go

engines after running alarm goes off engine shuts down can restart once power up to higher rpm same problem alarm sounds off i have replaced fuel pump fuel injectors spark plugs coils drained gas blew out lines replaced anti syphon in gas tanks replaced heat sensor i have a crusader mechanic working on it he is confused too can anyone yhink of anything to help us thanks

"I would start with a service

"I would start with a service manual and some tools. For what you've wasted so far you cold buy a Snap-On truck.

What is the fuel pressure and does it drop prior to the engine shutting down?
Do you have good spark on all cylinders and are you maintaining or loosing it when it shuts down?
What are the compression readings?
Are there any stored DTC codes? (This will tell you what is sounding the alarm)
What are the gage readings and are they accurate?
What do the battery cables and engine harness connector look like?
Have you taken a fuel sample and what does it look like?

If your mechanic is confused after performing these basic troubleshooting steps, you should maybe look for a new mechanic. And if he hasn't yet performed them, you should definitely be looking for a new mechanic.

Good luck,
Rick"

rick thanks for the direction

rick thanks for the direction previously ive been told by the mechanic he now thinks its the heat exchangers causing a overheating problem setting off the alarm and causing it to shut down he is going to bring them to a radiator shop to be cleaned out what do you think thanks

rick thanks for the direction

rick thanks for the direction previously ive been told by the mechanic he now thinks its the heat exchangers causing a overheating problem setting off the alarm and causing it to shut down he is going to bring them to a radiator shop to be cleaned out what do you think thanks

"Pete, The alarm alone will n

"Pete, The alarm alone will not shut down the engine and the engine will have to get very hot to shut down doe to an overheat problem. If you think the engine has overheated you should check the compression (you should check it anyway)to be sure you haven't blown a head gasket."

The alarm is also connected to

The alarm is also connected to your transmission over-temp sensor. Better check this. The XL series Fuel injected 454 has the alarm in the ignition circuit and will shut the engine down on tripping.

Back