Logo

43 GL poor accelleration

superamund

"I recently took my regal 2150

"I recently took my regal 2150 with a 4.3 gl VP engine out of winter storage. The engine worked superb before storing it for the winter. Have done proper conservation with anti frost etc before storing it. When I run the engine now it sounds fine and aggresive in neutral when reving it. However when I put it in gear the engine seems to loose momentum and it takes quite a bit of time before the boat plans. When on plane the engnine seems to run proper but only hits around 3500 rpm and around 32knots.. The boat has easily done 45knots previous seasons and had plenty of momentum. Has anyone had simular problems? The boat won't even plan with more than 2 people right now. The engine misfired when I first started it. Have now changed plugs and wires, fuel filter and the engine starts fine and runs great in neutral.
Any Idea? I have also thoroughly washed the hull so there is no growth anywhere which should slow the boat down.

Please help

Kr

Alexander"

"Just curious here, why would

"Just curious here, why would the timing have changed?? Is this an issue with the 4.3 gl engines?
I'm not impressed with my new 4.3s low end performance, 1k-2k rpm range 14.2 X 23 prop. Any coments appreciated.
Thanks,
DS"

"Dave,
My 2006 Seaswirl 190 c

"Dave,
My 2006 Seaswirl 190 came with that prop. stock and I had them change it before I took it home. It was horible trying to get it going but the top speed was great. I had the dealer put on a 19" and I also bought 15" 4 blade for skiing. The Volvo site has a Prop. chart for you to choose whats best for your needs.

Alex,
The timming should not have changed. You may have a bad temp. sensor. There are two. One for each manifold. If one is bad it should go into limp mode.

Mike"

"Mike,
Thanks for your reply

"Mike,
Thanks for your reply. I guess that 23 I have is going to turn into the spare.

DS"

Back