Logo

Engine bogging down

jameek

"Hello fellow boaters I'm

"Hello fellow boaters I'm a new member and luv. the good info in this forum. in 2007'I purchased a 87 silverton conv.With 270 crusaders and had no prob. until this season, at about 26-2800 rpm the starb. engine boggs down returning to normal after i lower the rpm. any help with this prob. would be app."

"could be bad fuel, I've a

"could be bad fuel, I've a tank of not so good fuel i've been running down. Just a thought,.."

I checked the fuel through the

I checked the fuel through the fuel water separator and the filter for the carb and it was good.

"Had exactly the same thing ha

"Had exactly the same thing happen to me a couple of years ago, idled and ran up to @ 2000 rpms then bogged and would go no higher, both engines ran from same tank and port ran fine. Turned out the primary fuel filter (screen) was totally clogged. Cleaned it up and it ran fine. If you have a primary fuel filter I suggest you check that. Or any fuel filter for that matter that you have."

"We have experienced the same

"We have experienced the same problem with our port 270 crusader engine, but only when we use the aft port gas tank. the filter in the fuel line was clogged, but only made a difference for a while. Fuel pumps are fine, and it just the one tank-we run off of the other 3 just fine. It may be that the line to the engine from that tank is restricted....will check it out & let you know."

Back