Logo

Trim Tabs

alaska_av8r

Contributing Member
I have trim tabs that are hydr

I have trim tabs that are hydraulic. It is a small unit with an electric pump driving a small hydraulic pump.

What type of fluid do I need to put in there?

my 1980 mercury 90hp uses 10w4

my 1980 mercury 90hp uses 10w40 motor oil in the trim pump.

"It is similar to a bennett I

"It is similar to a bennett I assume, it is manufactured by "boat leveling company" out of st louis, Mo."

"It's similar to Bennett,

"It's similar to Bennett, but far superior. You have Insta-Trim tabs. They ship with biodegradable oil now but always used straight 30W motor oil. You can also use OMC power tilt/trim fluid, AFT will work as well."

Well that is good to hear Rick

Well that is good to hear Rick. They weren't working and I removed the power pack unit. The electric motor would not turn so I hit it with some wd 40 and hooked up an electric drill to spin it. It seems to spin fine now in both directions under its own power so hopefully it will work as advertised when installed.

"Tim,
I replaced a hydra

"Tim,
I replaced a hydraulic line on trim tabs from the same company on a 24' Bayliner. I used ATF and all worked well from then on. Hope this is some reassurance."

"thanks Brian, I still haven&#

"thanks Brian, I still haven't gotten them working and hopefully will have time this week to work on them."

Back