Logo

Tilt and trim switch

slipknotsteve

I have a 2003 johnson 90 hp fo

I have a 2003 johnson 90 hp four stroke. The tilt and trim switch on the throttle control keeps going bad. Its a push button not a rocker switch. Any ideas and also could it be replaced with a rocker switch.

LOL!!
An old problem
If You

LOL!!
An old problem
If You have the original BRP top-mounted controle this is a known problem. The switch does not hold the amperage that needs to operate the solenoids on the 'Suzuki'!!
The only option is to install a set of assist-relays into the circuit of the trim system by using the BRP/OMC trim relays.

The switch is recessed in the

The switch is recessed in the top/side of the throttle control. They are little rubber triangle buttons one for up and one for down. The up button seems to loose any contact ability for the switch. Not sure if this makes any sense and is this the type your saying needs the assist relays.

"As it seems to have happened

"As it seems to have happened a couple of times for You already, i suspect the buttons simply 'melts'. They normally starts to get extremely hard to operate, then fails.
I think to remember there was a service bulletin back in early 200x about this problem."

Back