Logo

Pee hole

marks500

Contributing Member
"Umm I just got a boat and the

"Umm I just got a boat and the previous owner told me it was running great and he took it out a few times a month, and that he just had a new water pump installed. It has an 80's Model Merc 150 on it, with the black and blue covers.

Here is my question, it seems to be pumping water fine and staying cool. There is a pee hole on the back of the cowl, but it has no hose running to it, and I was told it was suppose to run off the thermostats, but the only thing coming off of those is a two big hoses and then they run into something that looks like a pump? Is the pee hole suppose to be hooked up? Maybe my model motor doesnt have that? What I want to make sure of is I am not running it when it is suppose to have that. Please let me know if anyone has any info... Thanks"

"i have a 82 merc 200hp.your m

"i have a 82 merc 200hp.your main line coming up out of the water pump should have a tee right below the head,where it would run to the weep hole."

"Mine doesnt have that, I know

"Mine doesnt have that, I know what you are talking about the T is off the 1st thermostat on the back of the engine, which mine just has one outlet. Mine just goes from thermostat to thermostat them back to the engine."

Back