Logo

1999 43 gi

2dogsbarking

"I had an issue last year with

"I had an issue last year with one engine that starts fine and idles for several minutes then shuts down. Once I get out on the water I can run at load and the engine runs fine and once the engine is hot it will idle fine. During my research last year I found one of the injectors wasn't firing all the time. noid light confirmed electic signal is fine. I put some fuel system cleaner and after some time the problem did go away. When launched this season everything was fine, I idled up and down the waterway and once out on the lake ran at speed for about 1/2 hour. I haven't been able to use the boat much and now I have the same problem again. Starts fine, runs several minutes then dies, but will run at speed and once hot idles fine. I checked the injectors again today and they are both firing fine. Is it logical to think that one of the sensors is sticking and sending a signal to the ECM to shut down. That's the only thing I can think of why the problem went away last year and is now back again. If that's logical what sensor might it be. I dumped two cans of Sea Foam in the gas and put some directly into the fuel intake on that engine. I plan to go out for about an hour run tomorrow and see if that might clean thigs up, but I would like to know if anyone has had this same problem and what the ultimate issue was. Any suggestions appreciated."

"An update to this engine beha

"An update to this engine behavior. I went for about a 45 minute run yesterday and then went thru the river lock and up and down the Chicago river. Engine stayed running practically the entire time, although I was at idle speed only thru the locks and then was running primarily around 1000-1100 rpm with no problem. On my way back out of the lock when I was idling and waiting to enter the lock that engine turned off. I went thru the lock on one engine, fired the problem engine back up and then it ran fine so long as I was above idle speed. Went back to port approx 50 minutes ran beautfilly at 3500 rpm, got into the marina and once at idle speed engine died after about 2-3 minutes. I'm not sure if this can be the IAC valve, the TP, or even the MAP sensor. I would like to know some specific possible symptoms for each of these that might be bad to see which is more likely, or a reccommended trouble shooting approach."

Back