Logo

The year of my mercury 75hp

S

simon vowles

hi want to no what year is my

hi want to no what year is my mercury 75hp outboard no9417433 thanks

"Simon, not sure exactly what

"Simon, not sure exactly what you have there. Can tell you that the serial number is good for a 1985 model built by Merc/Belgium...

But not for a 75 horse - the first 75 horses produced had a serial of 9427676 and they went up from there.

Your serial is for a 60 horse.

Any chance someone swapped cowls along the line??

Would need the casting numbers off your top carb to confirm exactly what you have..."

sorry for the dumb ? but the c

sorry for the dumb ? but the carb is where you find the numbers cause I can't find any one my dads 75 merc. where on the motor itself do you look. sorry I'm a I/O guy

"Ok John, you have about the s

"Ok John, you have about the same response I do when I look at 5.0 Mercruiser

I suspect that you are probably looking at a mid-80's model.

If I'm right you will have a bank of three carbs stacked vertically. As you are looking at the throats of them the casting number should be either on the very top or on the right hand side near the top (near the throttle linkage).

What you are looking for is a "WME" followed by a couple of numbers or alternately at "3301-" and then some numbers.

Merc outboards shared blocks amongst a number of horse powers. In the mid 80's the 70/75/80 and 90 all shared the same block - the carbs are the easiest part to cross reference to determine what you have if the horsepower is in question. Otherwise, the other 95% of the motors are all identical and can swap parts back and forth..."

thanks graham and I found the

thanks graham and I found the numbers they are A115542. these are the ones on the aluminum plate thats riveted to the part that attaches to the hull. sorry not to fimilar with the OB motor terminoligy nor can i spell today. anywho what do these numbers tell me ????

This seems to be a common ques

This seems to be a common question so it will be my turn to ask. I recently bought a 1984 Glasstream with a 60 hp Mariner serial #6497220. Can you please tell me what year the motor is? Thank You
J. R.

Back